Sunday, August 7, 2016

Late Summer Trips

Hi cuties! I just wanted to post my first photo diary entry on my new and improved blog! I actually updated it back in june but I had no reason to post/had no inspiration at the time, but now I've finally gotten a break from work and I'm about to be reunited with my best friend for a roadtrip to California starting tomorrow! 

My family also made my week by coming over to Portland for several days. I was so excited to be given the opportunity to show them around the beautiful city. Now they were the tourists, not me! 

We first stopped at Grassa. For those of you who have asked me what are some great places to eat in Portland on my tumblr, I'll always suggest this Italian restaurant because it is just so frikin amazing and they never fail to satisfy my little tummy. 

After dinner, we went to Powells, my absolute favorite bookstore. I showed them around the different colored rooms and introduced them to the 'Rare Book Room.' This room has so many insanely old books, ranging the early 90s to the 1500s! Crazy stuff! 

The prices on these books, though! 


We went to the waterfront and I was able to play a few tunes on the public piano (you can watch the video on my Instagram @nikkaphillips), then we headed down to get some ice cream at Pine Street Market.




August 6th, we had brunch at Cheryl's. Oh my good god- their food is divine. I really recommend this restaurant for you and your friends or families if you're ever looking for a great place to have breakfast at.  




We went up to the Crown Point Vista House, which was built to provide travelers a place to rest and refresh themselves while they made their way to the Columbia River Highway. Pretty historic. 
On the way back, we stopped at a lavender field! 




There were soooooo many bees!

Then we went over to a farmer's market.



Then we cooled off at the Ira Keller fountain park. Anyone remember my last photoshoot here when there was no water? 



August 7th, my family and I made our way back to Bend, Oregon, but we stopped at the Timberland Lodge because I couldn't help but let my love for Stephen King show. Some of you might recognize the lodge because they used the outside of this hotel in the famous cult movie The Shining! Too creepy.


And here I am wandering in the woods near the lodge. 🌾


That's it for now, babes! I'll be posting more during my trip to California. Stay tuned, and as always, I hope you're all having a wonderful week. Xx-Nikka









No comments :

Post a Comment