Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Très Élégant




It's January, which means the holidays are over, school has resumed which usually feels like the longest stretch until spring break, it's still cold outside, and I'm just tired. I don't know, I've never really enjoyed the remaining winter months for some reason. I just feel so exhausted and empty.I'm done with the cold weather and I just want the sunshine.

 During these times, I tend to daydream about what it would be like to be in one of my favorite foreign countries. Walking around old streets, reading poetry in tiny cafes, and enjoying the culture that I'd immerse myself in. After the holidays, my style turns from this rustic boho look to just plain, simple colors. I wear a lot of black until it starts warming up in Portland.

So do you know what other place tends to be gloomy but still remains to be one of the most famous cities in the world? Paris. About a year ago around this time, I started listening to jazz music, I began to invest in drinking dark coffee, and I guess that was the time I started creating bangs with my curly hair. Aren't those all kind of minor essentials to being Parisian? Or at least feeling like you're Parisian? 

This was also the time I finished reading a biography on the legendary Coco Chanel. She, herself, created the  fundamentals of what it really meant to be the Parisian woman. Scratch that. She defined what it meant to the THE ultimate elegant woman.  Whether that be having minimal attire in your wardrobe (less is more), owning simplistic jewelry, or never forgetting to leave the house without a signature fragrance you can call your own, it doesn't even seem like you need to be wealthy to live that elegant lifestyle. Even in Christian Dior's Little Dictionary of Fashion, he states that elegance must be "the right combination of distinction, naturalness, care, and simplicity." I actually find this really great, especially since school has started again. You really must take care of yourself. Eat right and dress appropriately for the weather (something you'll notice I really didn't do in my ootd post since I wore frikin slip ons in 30 degree weather. A hypocrite, that's what I am). 

Thanks to the influence of Paris, I wanted to do a photoshoot that incorporated such plain pieces, but altogether, creating such a simplistic and stylish look for the rest of winter. It's definitely something I found to make me happier when the dull school weeks just drag on.  It lifts my spirits up and gets me out of the old blues I always seem to be in at the beginning of the new year.











I wore this Francesca's cropped turtle neck (similar one here), vintage trousers (similar one here), a vintage trench coat (similar one here), eBay transparent aviators, vintage belt, and these brand new forever 21 loafer mules. Insane how it looks exactly like the Gucci ones for like- $595?!

Say hello to my new Boy Chanel! Got this little guy from my mummy for Christmas. She's the only one who gets me. Honestly. 

I've also created some inspired Parisian looks and hopefully you guys can also start living that simple lifestyle while you finish up midterms and all that jazz. Can spring come any sooner? 

Au revoir, mon petit amis! Xoxo












No comments :

Post a Comment