Thursday, April 13, 2017

Inspiration of the month: Paperbag Pants

For the past few months, I've been dying to get my hands on a few pairs of statement pants. Whether that be zigzag patterns, bold colors of orange and yellow, or pinstripe, I was craving something-- different.

 Yes, I do love a good pair of mom jeans or high waist skinnies, but more often than not, I felt restricted with the jean material. Also, to be quite honest, I grew tired of them. Fast. 

I know, there's always that slight hesitation on investing in statement pants. It's as if there's a stigma in the air that styling statement pants can be tricky, and maybe too much of a risk for what it's worth. Well, you will never know if you never try, right? 

I was thrifting in my hometown a few weeks ago when I came across some cream colored Ralph Lauren pants. They weren't just any kind of regular pants though. It was a type of Paperbag pant, so I've soon discovered the name. 

As unflattering as the name sounds, the pants were priced at a very affordable $6. I repeat, 6 flippin' dollars for Ralph Lauren! I've also never owned any bottoms that were white before, so I decided to give these bad boys a try. 






To me, they fitted beautifully. Not only were they the perfect length, but they were high waisted and gave me that retro 70s aesthetic look I've been attempting to incorporate with my outfits. It was definitely an A+ purchase I made over spring break. 



The thing about cool statement pants like these, is that you can totally dress them up or dress them down. Pair them with some golden boots and a red blouse and a black clutch if you're going out. Or maybe a black halter and sneakers if you're running errands around town. Even with some black pumps and a blazer, you can dress it up in a formal manner for your work or school presentations.



I styled my pants (similar here) with loafers, a leather jacket, and a red tee (my shirt says "Be a Hero with Chris Phillips, my brother. The day this photoshoot was taken, my little brother won a talent show event at his highschool. So incredibly proud of him!!).

Here are some of the many ways I would style Paperbag pants. 


I love the scrunch of the waistband and how the pant fits loosely around your legs. If gives you more freedom to stretch. Seriously. It's a very comfy yet very stylish and unique piece of clothing you need to own or at least try. 

Shop in the gallery below to find your perfect color of Paperbag pants. 






No comments :

Post a Comment